06 June 2008

Newlyweds - 20 days

::UPDATE:: Small snafu, James arrived at the campus for duty and was informed by the supervisor that they won't accept students as security guards...so, he's called the agency to see if there is another assignment. Small snag in the process, but I am confident God will provide. And maybe this different assignment will be better hours and better pay :) We'll keep you posted.

Praise! James got a summer job. He'll actually be working security on campus!

We are very excited and this is an answer to much prayer!
-It will help provide for us financially
-It will help us pay down his student loans, making overseas service in a few years a better reality
-The location is ideal on our campus:
-Less than 2 miles away, gas expenses will be low
-Our campus is so safe, and now that it's summer, it'll be basically dead with half the students gone. this way I won't have to worry as I would if he were at a different, dangerous location.
-They've agreed that it's OK for him to be off the 2 weeks for Peru!
-If he likes the job and continues in the fall, he'll be able to take more day classes, making graduation closer.

The only downer, it's second shift, 3pm-11pm so with me working 8am-5pm, I be alone in the afternoons. Now, I realize second shift is much better than third shift, so trust me when I say I am counting my blessings there. I guess I was hoping for a 7am-3pm shift ... oh well. This will allow me to get housework done while he's at work and it's not that hard to stay up until 11. I could always break up my sleeping into two 4 hours blocks, 7-11 and 3-7.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers!

And God will generously provide all you need - 2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments: