31 July 2008

Up for the Challenge

30 Day Husband-Encouragement Challenge.

So technically I'm on day three, but slightly behind on posting to brag about my sweet husband - oops!

Proverbs 31:11-12 "The heart of her husband safely trusts, so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life."

It is my prayer and desire to be this kind of wife. Sadly I can say that in our 2 1/2 months married, I haven't consistently done this. I think being 29 and having lived on my own for 7 years has made me obstinant in many areas - ha! Sadly it truly is no laughing matter as marriage calls you to put away any selfish desires or independent thinking and truly think/live for the two of you. So I am intentionally seeking ways to do him good, to build more trust, to encourage him in all his endeavors, and to be more gentle.

Galatians 5:13b "Through love serve one another"

James is a master at loving me through service. Whether it's small things like opening the door, or bigger things like fixing my car - he is always eager to do things for me.

I Corinthians 13:4 "Love suffers long and is kind."
Philippians 4:19 "And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

James is very considerate of my needs, usually quite sensitive. He tries to be proactive in doing things that will help me and is always willing to help when I ask him to.

No comments: