23 July 2008

Bookworm

I've never been a reader - I've always loved books, but never could seem to finish one. All that changed once I started seminary as I forced to read books; actually finish them, I've really loved them.

Now that I've graduated and been out in the real world for 7 months, I've let my reading slack - sadness :(

James will start school in the fall I would like to help create an atmosphere condusive to studying for him. Therefore, I have decided to read again - if I'm reading that should motivate him to read and it will help me not to distract him with TV.

Our church has a women's book club and though I can't attend (due to teaching ESL) I thought it might be nice to following their monthly reading plan:

August - Biblical character
September - Women's Issues
October - Mystery/Adventure
November - Arts & Crafts
December - Biblical Commentary
Any book suggestions? Preferrably things that can be found at the local library as we'll be spending enough cash on his books for school. Thanks in advance!

No comments: