11 March 2008

67 Days-Outdo One Another in Love


Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

Romans 12:10


Gary Thomas' Sacred Marriage is proving again to be a huge blessing as I prepare for marriage. He uses the verse above to exhort readers to strive to outdo their spouse in the love and service. To intentionally seek to do the things that let your spouse know they are loved and appreciated. So, I've kinda made it my own personal goal to begin doing this. Monday I stopped by James' after work to help quiz him on his mid-term that night (which he got a 97 on btw!) and I secretely snuck some Creme Savers and a little note of encouragement in his bookbag when he wasn't looking--it was rather fun!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Thank you so much for posting this! Casey and I decided to start trying to "outdo" one another and it is working great (mostly for my benefit, as I am always outdoing him!) Really a great idea, thanks for sharing!