10 Years Ago:
1998-I was 19 yeras old and in the spring semester of my freshman year at TSU. This is Wednesday afternoon, so by this time I was probably already finished with classes for the day and back home. I was studying Elementary Education, focusing in Childhood Growth & Development. Most likely I spent most of the day hanging out with Zshanee between classes, then doing homework when I got home. Dad and I were probably still heavily grieving Mom's passing in the fall of 1997.
Things on My To Do List Today:
(Other than working)
1. Drop wedding dress off at tailor's to be altered.
2. Tan after work.
3. Start writing thank you cards for my Nashville shower.
4. Finish stuffing wedding invitations for James' family/friends.
5. Finalize packing list for WV shower this weekend.
What Would I Do If I Suddenly Became a Billionaire?
1. Praise God!
2. Give a tenth to PBC.
3. Pay off James' student loans.
4. Head overseas right after the wedding ... how needs the IMB when you could be a self-funded missionary?!
3 of My Bad Habits:
1. I often sleep in my contacts, which makes the opthamologist cringe. Usually this lasts about 3 nights then my eyes are so dry and scratchy that I have to take them out to give them a rest.
2. I get seriously moody at night when I'm sleepy. It's bad, I'm praying about it.
3. I am addicted to celebrity news- People.com, EOnline.com ... it's gossip, it's bad, I'm praying about that as well.
Last 5 Jobs I've Had:
1. AMCC-callback girl. When you buy a home and see things that are wrong, you call me!
2. UMS-Skiptracing Specialist. Tracking down people who are trying to skip out on their library debts and kick them in the shins...just kidding, call them and gently remind them to pay the library their dues.
3. Ms. K-whatever she said. Scrapbooking, Filing, Writing checks for bills ... you name it and I did it.
4. PACS-Kindergarten Teacher, try to teach 5 year olds how to read and count and such between wiping noses, zipping zippers, and solving all the world's problems with the application of a character Band-Aid.
5. JTS-you know that store in the country that boasts videos, tanning, BBQ ... basically all in one entertainment stop? Yeah, I worked at one of those. Fun Times!
5 Things You Might Not Know About Me:
1. I am actually 5 foot even. Not 5'1", Not 4'11" but 5' exactly and proud!
2. I used to bite my fingernails. Seriously it was gross, I'm talking bitten down to the quick, fingers were bleed gross. Then my aunt told me that if you swallow fingernails your body can't digest them and they get stored in your appendix and that's why appendixes burst! YIKES! So I stopped, now I forget to cut them and end up with crazy sharp knife like weapons on each hand!
3. I've been interviewed on TV twice:
Once for my 5th birthday, my dad, grandpa, and two uncles thought it would be a good idea to take me to be in the audience of the Morning Show with Ralph Emery-local NBC news show. Not so fun part was that the show started at 5AM so we had to be up and ready and leave by 4:30AM. Ralph interviewed me because it was my birthday.
Second in 2nd grade. Again on the local NBC station, this time the evening news (finally they figured out I'm not a morning person!) The news station had this contest where they had kids write in about why their teacher was special and each month they picked a kid's essay and gave the class a party and the teacher a special gift. I wrote about Mrs. Taylor (still my favorite teacher) and she won! Our class got an ice cream party and Mrs. Taylor and I got to be on TV.
4. I can do weird things with my body. I can flare my nostrils, wiggle my ears, and stand on my head for a ridicuously long period of time. That's what you learn to do when you're the only child at home.
5. I can't sit Indian style. Yep I can't do it ... I tried, it hurts, not gonna do it again.