18 April 2008

Earthquake!

So, I woke up to an earthquake this morning! Apparently there was a a 5.2 earthquake about 120 west of Louisville and we felt the tremors here this morning at 5:37am. Wild, huh? My alarm had just went off so I was in that weird state of awake/sleep/dream when my bed started shaking. I remember thinking, "this is weird" as I just lay there. When it was over, I hopped up and met the roomies in the hallway to looks of "What was that?" The next hour or so was spent surfing various news channels on TV to find out more details. I called James to alert him, concerned that since he has no TV he might not know what happened. Seems as though the silly boy slept through the whole thing--ha! Thankfully thus far, it appears there are no injuries and very little damage.

It is a startling, yet wonderful, reminder of God's control over nature. The same God who created this world, permits it to be shook and this should prompt us to praise Him and be in awe of his power.

The voice of the Lord shakes the wilderness,
The Lord shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.
Psalm 29.8

No comments: