26 August 2008

Trusting God in Transitions

Last fall when I was preparing to graduate and knew James and I would be getting married the next Spring, I began sending out my resume to every school I found find contact info for in Louisville and nothing ... so when I was offered the full-time position at my current place of employment I gladly accepted.

Last Friday, I received a phone call from a school needing a first grade teacher. We met Friday afternoon, talked several times over the phone that weekend and met again last night. Viola! I am their new first grade teacher.

This position is such a blessing from the Lord in so many ways:

1. I will make there in 9 months what I make here all year. Which means even though they don't offer insurance, we'll be able to afford adding me to James' school policy.
2. I LOVE teaching and this is a job that will actually use my undergraduate degree.
3. I LOVE missions and this school is very missions-minded. They were begun my returned missions in 1924 and take 2 international trips each summer and do mission projects throughout the year. This will allow me to use my graduate degree!
4. The drive will be the same, so no extra gas expense.
5. The hours will be better - I'll be home by 3:30, 3:45 every afternoon verses 5:30, 5:45 - woo hoo!
6. Can we just even mention all the teacher holidays and Christmas breaks, Spring breaks - yeah :)

So for those of you who prayed so hard for me I thank you so much! Praise God who answers our prayers with exactly what we need!

Check out my new school.

No comments: